Monday, September 17, 2007

Scam's

Happy Friday! This morning, I received a pretty disturbing e-mail from a member who submitted a question about an e-mail he received about collecting a large sum of money from a British lottery prize. I've posted the e-mail thread here for your review (read it from bottom to top). And on that note, I just want to urge all you members who are tempted to respond to e-mails such as these, or to any type of e-mail promising you a large sum of money, to please disregard it and DO NOT reply. I know for many, you are rolling your eyes now, saying "No duh, Steve", but I wanted to bring this to the attention of those who are newcomers to e-mails or to the Internet, to use extreme care to not fall victims to these scams. No one in their right mind is going to give you money for free! And the only reason why these scams still circulate is because someone out there is falling for them, and I don't want any of you here to be their next victim. Anyway, spread the word and stay safe. Now, let's hit up this week's topic on how to start out on the right foot with a new computer in hopes of keep it running well in the long run.

No comments: